We always seek to create our own resources and find a way to continue being self-sustaining, but sometimes we need extra help to continue with our activities, Every donation to Kawsay Biological Station is important and makes a big impact. The buffer zone that we protects was previously impacted by selecting logging and hunting. But since managing the conservation concession forest, the illegal activities in this area have stopped. The constant presence of researchers living and working in the area has also helped to reduce the illegal pressures in the Tambopata National Reserve. However, without maintaining the Kawasay Biological Station, these threats will return.
Your donations will allow Kawsay to
- Protect the forest through patrols and surveillance, keep the borders and trails clean, and support the legal management of the land.
- Promote biological diversity by maintaining a permanent monitoring program to better understand the forest, studying the local plants and animals, and conducting research on a variety of different topics.
- Train local students. Your donation provides direct opportunities for Peruvian students to gain knowledge in the field, learn about the forest, and conduct their own research
- Purchase and protect additional land that is under pressure from illegal activities.
How to do it ?
Now you can support our conservation effort with Conservation Allies, they are a conservation nonprofit organization that was born with the purpose of supporting organizations dedicated to biodiversity conservation around the world.
- Donating through Conservation Allies means that 100% of your donation goes directly to US.
- Conservation Allies charges no overhead fees or administration costs.
- Make donations from all over the world with different ways to donate
- All donations made from the United States are fully tax-deductible.